Case Study: B2B eCommerce Targeting Fashion, Industrial, and Design
Digital Advertising Strategies & Conversion Optimization That Crushed Return on Ad Spend Targets
Services: PPC, Conversion Optimization
DragonSearch’s client is a major player in the color standards industry, serving customers in fashion, industrial design, graphic design, print, cosmetics, and more. Selling direct through their eCommerce website, our client’s products range from high price-point items used by small to large businesses, to low price-point items geared towards marketing the brand’s broad appeal with consumers.
With all eCommerce campaigns there is a consistent battle to drive up Average Order Value (AOV), as this metric can make a huge impact on the bottom line.
With a very wide range of products appealing to consumers and professionals alike, an eCommerce model would need to be built out that reflected the client’s product mix and range of demographic targets. Aggressive growth targets were our objective, and a carefully scoped out set of benchmarks would be our ongoing reporting channel indicating success and missed opportunities early in the campaign.
- Increase Average Order Value (AOV) – With all eCommerce campaigns there is a consistent battle to drive up AOV as this metric can make a huge impact on the bottom line. For this campaign, we have changed incentives to promote larger orders by applying discounts on large orders, encouraging bundling, and adding suggested products to the checkout process.
- Bid Management and Segmentation – We were able to successfully lower our average Cost-Per-Click (CPC) by hyper segmenting keywords into narrowly targeted ad groups. This improved quality score, which allowed us to bid lower on the most competitive keywords. As our CPC decreased, the Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) began to increase. Having these hyper segmented ad groups also allowed us to craft our messaging to better fit a more specific audience.
- Shopping Cart Analysis & Optimization – An initial analysis illustrated that the client’s shopping card abandonment rate was significantly higher than the industry average. We guided a re-skin of the shopping card to incorporate our conversion optimization recommendations along with a modern feel and a responsive design. These updates were able to significantly lower the abandonment rate, and increased the overall ROAS.
- Our strategy and tactics resulted in a 500%+ Return on Ad Spend for our client.
- This was achieved alongside an 87% increase in eCommerce conversion rate and a 38% increase in Average Order Value.
- In the end, our campaigns represented a 490% increase in revenue, and continuing to improve.
Our advertising and conversion optimization strategy and tactics resulted in a 500%+ Return on Ad Spend for our B2B eCommerce client.
We’re still going strong; our campaigns continue to drive results and we’re now managing our client’s campaigns in three European multi-country regions.