Here is a list of my favorite articles, blog postings, or other, regarding ROI for Social Media:
- What Is The ROI For Social Media? – by Jason Falls
- How to Measure Social Media ROI for Business – by Aaron Uhrmacher
- Social Media ROI, by Yongfook
- Social Media ROI, by Maggie Fox – “if you cannot measure it, you cannot manage it.”
- Social Media ROI—What’s the ‘Return on Ignoring’?, byDavid Alston – “equally important is carefully assessing the price for not being involved. “
- The ROI of Social Media – Beth Kanter – focus on nonprofits…
- Social Media ROI: Be Careful What You Promise , (PART 2) and Social Media ROI: Be Careful What You Promise (Part One) by Augie Ray – “My objective certainly isn’t to discourage the measurement of Social Media but to suggest we be very cautious about how we toss around the term ‘ROI'”.
- Companies that Measure Social Media, Influence, and Brand, by Jeremiah Owyang
- Online Community ROI: Models and Reporting , by Bill Johnston
- Measuring Social Media Marketing: It’s Easier than you Think!, by Michael Brito
- Social Media ROI – the Netflix example , by Matt McAlister
- Social Media ROI – Part 3, by Dag Holmboe
I’m still not finding much on what the various metrics are that we can use. It could be nice to develop a near-comprehensive list that could be edited per organization (obviously whats right for one won’t be for the other). I should also look more into the concept of “social capital”.