PPC Buzz of the Week – Friday 2/5/10
I usually highlight some noteworthy topics, posts, and other industry information within the PPC Buzz every week. So I decided to push these ideas to the back burner for one week and focus on something a little more upbeat and creative: how an internet marketer knows they’ve been in PPC way too long. I must admit that I got this idea from several Tweets I’ve seen lately, so I’ll try to give as much as credit as possible to any that I saw come through my Twitter feed. That said, below are just some of the many ways in which PPC consumes our lives as PPC specialists….
- @peterhall: You know you’re in PPC when you get an email from a client to your gmail and you see one of their content network ads pop up
- @PeterGould83: You know you’ve been in PPC too long when you look at a line of text and know how many characters it contains.
- @Matt_Umbro: You know you’ve been in PPC too long when you can tell that an ad is using DKI and has clearly failed with its message
- Andrew Hickey: You know you’ve been in PPC too long when your friends ask you how your last date went and you explain it in terms of account access: administrative, standard, & reports.
And some of my own (at least to my knowledge)…
- You know you’ve been in PPC too long when you’re searching for something on Google, click on one of your client’s ads instead of the organic link, and get mad at yourself 2 seconds later with a Homer Simpson style “Doh!”.
- You know you’ve been in PPC too long when someone asks for your phone number and you give them your AdWords Client ID.
- You know you’ve been in PPC too long when your dreams consist of typing the same ad copy over and over again in a never ending cycle…think of the dream where you just keep falling without ever hitting anything. Scary stuff.
- You know you’ve been in PPC too long when you know a headline will get cut off in the Google Display Ad Builder skyscraper format before you’ve even typed it in.
- You know you’ve been in PPC too long when the only people in the Paid Search department are all named Andy (DragonSearch inside joke).
- You know you’ve been in PPC too long when you’re exhausted at the end of the day and you tell people you have a low impression share.
- You know you’ve been in PPC too long when you’re writing about how you know you’ve been in PPC way too long.
Until next week…Keep on Searching!
Stay up to date on the weekly PPC Buzz by subscribing to DragonSearch’s RSS feed, following us on Twitter, or becoming a fan on Facebook. Also, you can follow me on Twitter @Andy_G_PPC.
This entry was posted on Friday, February 5, 2010 and is filed under Pay-Per-Click.