Business Development Career Opportunity
Location: Kingston, NY
You are a marketing or sales professional who has a great intuition for business. You strive to understand what keeps your prospects up at night so you can guide them to a marketing strategy that will achieve real business outcomes. No tiny detail escapes your attention; you’re a great listener and you ask the right questions (think Shark Tank). Not only are you driven to close sales, you’re also hungry to find great clients and projects for our team. You are constantly learning and building your skills and sharing you knowledge with the rest of the team, prospects and the world.
At DragonSearch, we focus on innovative yet sustainable, long-term strategies that can sometimes grow new clients very quickly but always have the big picture in mind, ensuring a relationship built on long-term success. All our team members will be called on often to look creatively at problems, apply traditional business skills to their day-to-day duties, and bring excellent soft skills to the table as we guide and educate our prospects to achieve their business goals.
- Build relationships and trust with prospects; learn about their business and confirm their goals
- Dig deep to understand their challenges and how digital marketing can help make them successful
- Own and manage a consultative sales process from leads to closing to kick-off meetings to client retention
- Own initial qualification/discovery calls with prospects
- Ensure timely follow up with prospects
- Handle the initial high level digital marketing analysis of prospects and their competitors
- Coordinate with various DragonSearch teams to determine the ideal scope of services to solve client’s business problems and reach their goals
- Negotiate contracts
- Manage and improve the proposal writing process
What You Bring to the Table
- Passion for closing a sale – hunger to chase down a Win!
- Driven to achieve and surpass goals and targets
- Good grasp for how businesses work, what makes them successful, and how digital marketing can help them achieve goals
- Personable and inquisitive; asks lots of good, thoughtful questions
- You know how to dig in and understand the problems each business faces and apply your passion for problem solving and data to clearly and effectively communicate the value strategic marketing can bring to prospects
- Connecting and building relationships with others is deeply ingrained in who you are
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and make contact with an exciting prospect
- Outstanding, tactful written and verbal communication skills
- Master of collaboration, getting different people and opinions on the same page, and finding solutions that resonate with all stakeholders
- Takes great notes, very detail oriented
- Works well under pressure: thrives under urgency but doesn’t compromise quality
- Large appetite for constantly learning, pushing the limits, and challenging yourself and your knowledge of business and digital industry
- Takes initiative in personal learning, growth with the company, and lead on projects
- Prior digital marketing / technology service company experience preferred
- Prior sales experience required (even if it wasn’t in an office setting)
- Enjoys public speaking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – especially with Excel
One of the best things about working at DragonSearch is the incredible employee lead culture we have. A sense of humor; a down-to-earth attitude; an inquisitive, receptive mind; and a fun outlook on life typify our ideal candidate. There are a lot of people accomplishing great things here: the bar is set high, we’re all reaching for it, and we’ll be rooting for you to reach it too. We don’t have to tell you it’s a fast-paced environment, right? Or that we work in a team setting? Or that we practice and preach shared responsibilities? Of course not; you knew that.
DragonSearch has a strong national reputation as a strategy-focused, process driven digital marketing agency. We work with companies in a variety of industries worldwide to help them build and manage their online presence and grow their business, through integration of Search Engine Optimization, social media, content marketing and targeted digital advertising campaigns that improve lead generation, eCommerce revenue, and online branding. We help large and mid-sized businesses start, maintain and improve their digital marketing outcomes. We’re an organization focused on self-learning, which strives to put the most current, relevant industry knowledge into action every day of the year.
Tell Us Why We Should Hire You
Send us your letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application, include three reasons we should hire you and examples of your work. Want to really get our attention? Find us online. Interact and earn the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.